The mission of the College of DuPage Library is to be a high quality teaching library that supports the educational goals and purposes of the college. The Library is dedicated to providing onsite and remote access to resources, instruction, and services that support the academic program and the general information needs, diverse cultural interests, intellectual development, and professional growth of the entire college community.
- Select and maintain a well-balanced collection of materials chosen for their quality, currency and relevance to the academic curriculum and the educational needs of the community.
- Deliver professional information services that support the college's academic curriculum and promote lifelong learning throughout the college community.
- Educate the college community in accessing and evaluating information, library research skills, and critical thinking through a comprehensive information literacy program.
- Provide onsite and remote access to materials and information in a variety of physical formats.
- Support and encourage continuing professional education to maintain a staff whose knowledge is both broad and current.
- Provide state-of-the-art research and learning tools.
- Maintain an environment conducive to individual and collaborative research and study.
- The College of DuPage Library endorses the Library Bill of Rights and the Code of Ethics as set forth by the American Library Association, affirming the library as a forum for information and ideas.