The Media History Project is a remarkable non-profit initiative "dedicated to digitizing collections of classic media periodicals that belong in the public domain for full public access." To date, their online collection includes over 800,000 pages, covering entire runs of trade papers and fan magazines including Variety, Photoplay and Radio Age.
Collections span several categories, genres and dates:
- Hollywood Studio System Collection (1914-1948)
- Fan Magazine Collection (1911-1963)
- Early Cinema Collection (1903-1928)
- Year Book Collection (1916-1964)
- Broadcasting & Recorded Sound Collection (1896-1964)
- Non-Theatrical Film Collection (1918-1973)
- Technical Journals Collection (1924-1954)
- Government & Law Collection (1912-1995)
- Global Cinema Collection (1904-1957)
This exciting resource can serve a wide variety of interests, disciplines and audiences. Whether you're a fan, a student or a history buff, the Media History Project will have you browsing for hours!
Visit now at http://mediahistoryproject.org/